Today is my birthday.
I shall get up late and drink coffee.
My quarantined birthday cards will get opened.
I shall have liver and bacon for lunch
Lots of mustard.
The world will go on unaware that I am here,
that I have been for eighty seven years.
I have learnt that “i” comes before “e” except after “c”
except when it doesn’t
the sum of a lifetime’s learning.
I shall have a mince pie
and eat a Twix.
I shall break rules that are there to be broken
and hate the Government.
My “Expectation of life” is tomorrow and
if I’m spared
I shall enjoy it.
The European Union Flag
The European Union
- Photos they wish were never taken . . . 21st January 2021
- We’re done . . . 19th January 2021
- To eat, or not to eat . . . ? 15th January 2021
- Covid Vaccinations . . . 14th January 2021
- Mint flavoured . . . 13th January 2021
- A ridiculous swagger . . . 2nd January 2021
- Lloyd George and Ireland . . . 27th December 2020
- In a few words . . . 22nd December 2020
- What did you do all day during the Covid pandemic, Dad ? 19th December 2020
- Word Press Updates . . . 19th December 2020